Harrow Council has today launched Gandlake’s brand new web portal for the exclusive use of Neighbourhood Champions and Elected Councillors enabling them to report and keep track of issues in their local area much more efficiently.
The Neighbourhood Champions scheme is a joint initiative between Harrow Council and the Metropolitan Police and is made up of a network of volunteers throughout Harrow whose role is to inform the council about everyday nuisances such as litter, graffiti, fly-tipping and broken street lamps. The Neighbourhood Champion and Councillor typically contact the council in a similar way, regularly having to report and track progress on multiple issues. This can be extremely time consuming for all parties and more often than not draws on resources from several back office departments.
Through the new system, users will be able to:
- Get exclusive access to a new secure area of the website where important residential information is shared.
- View all the requests they have made to the Council.
- Track requests made to the Council, such as view updates on the progress of a broken street light including date due to be fixed and when the work has been completed.
- Access a map detailing all the requests the Council has received in the particular local area including status information.
- Subscribe to text or email alerts from the Council and the Police.
Gandlake worked with key members of Harrow Council to develop the service and seamlessly integrate it with the multi award winning MyHarrow web portal.
“We are delighted to add this new portal to the ongoing list of services available online. It offers a great channel for our Neighbourhood Champions and Councillors to work with us and enables them to quickly and efficiently report issues and track progress by themselves, which in the past has been a time consuming process for all parties.” Ben Jones, Project Manager, Harrow Council