Accessibility is and has always been important, but 2020 has been a year that has really brought home to the Public Sector how vitally important accessibility really is. The ‘Channel Shift’ of council services in particular has soared, shifting from telephone and council drop-in centres to online council services. Digital is no longer the channel of choice – but in some cases, the only channel available.
Most councils have conformed to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 as part of the legislation that came into play on the 23rd September, but is that enough and are councils in it for the long run?
This webinar run by Jadu in partnership with Silktide and joined by Anne Jones, Web Officer at Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council looks at:
- The latest results from the Silktide Accessibility Index including statistics and trends following the legislation being in play
- The most common accessibility issues that councils are facing right now and tips on how to solve them
- The best and most efficient ways to to monitor and keep your website accessible especially when crisis hits to ensure those most vulnerable can access your website
- The importance of thinking of the end-user
- Some other generic tips on tools including PDFs and Accessibility Statements
Transcript of the session can be found here: Digital Accessibility in the Public Sector: Statistics, Trends and Tips